Mediterranean Tuna Salad with Greek Olive Oil Sauce is healthy and nutritious, full of flavor dish. The spotlight is tuna fish that is rich in omega-3 fatty acids and dressed with Greek Olive Oil sauce full of antioxidants and healthy fats. It is simply made of Greek Extra Virgin Olive Oil, lemon juice, vinegar, honey, and oregano. Once you taste it you would never come back to rich in calories and full-fat mayo.
The Mediterranean Tuna salad is easy to make and due to fresh natural vegetables dressed with Greek Olive Oil sauce, it tastes amazing and fulfilling.
Ingredients (for 4 servings):
- 1 green lettuce, shredded
- 1 can light tuna in water, drained
- 2-3 large juice tomatoes, preferably organic tomatoes, cut into irregular wedges
- 4 boiled eggs (1 egg per serving)
- 2 crusty bread slices or toasts
- 1 cucumber, peeled, then roughly chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, cored
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 pomegranate
- 16 Greek Kalamata olives
- A handful of greek nuts
- 1/2 tbsp quality dried oregano
- 1-2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp honey
- Salt, a pinch
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 6 tbsp Greek Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Mediterranean Tuna Salad with Greek Olive Oil Sauce Preparation:
Time: it takes around 10 minutes to prepare the Healthy Mediterranean Tuna Salad with Greek Olive Oil Sauce
- Shred 1 green lettuce.
- Cut 2-3 large tomatoes into wedges or chunks.
- Cut 1 peeled cucumber into 2 halves lengthwise, then slice it into thick pieces.
- Slice 1 bell pepper into thin rings or chop it.
- Cut 1 red onion into half and thinly slice into half-moons.
- Place everything in a large salad bowl.
- Add a good handful of the pitted Greek Kalamata olives and crusty bread in chunks
- Add tuna flaked into small chunks
- Crash greek nuts into smaller pieces. Add Greek Olive Oil in a small frying pan and fry Greek nuts for 1 minute.
- Add fired Greek nuts into a salad bowl and toss gently to mix all veggies, tuna and nuts.
Greek Olive Oil sauce:
- Pour the Greek Extra Virgin Olive Oil and red wine vinegar in a small bowl.
- Add honey and oregano.
- Season very lightly with salt and black peppers (just a pinch). Mix it with a mixer to get one consistency.
- Then pour the Greek Olive Oil sauce into a salad bowl and give everything a very gentle toss to mix; do NOT over mix, this salad is not meant to be handled too much.
- Then serve with 1 sliced egg per serving and sprinkle pomegranate seeds on top.
The Mediterranean Tuna salad is easy to make and due to fresh natural vegetables dressed with Greek Olive Oil sauce, it tastes amazing and fulfilling. As well, most importantly the olive oil sauce is super healthy and rich in vitamins and antioxidants. Good choice to boost good energy with tuna salads!
Enjoy the Medditarean dish full of healthy & natural ingredients! And share with us your dish pictures :)