Healthy buckwheat cutlets are very delicious, quick, and easy to make. And if you want to make it different, you can add your favorite greens, cottage cheese, chicken, whatever you fancy.
By the way, these cutlets can also be baked in the oven. In this case, buckwheat cutlets get a little crisper, but also very delicious.
Why buckwheat good for you?
To start with, buckwheat is considered to be one of the superfoods. It is highly nutritious, containing both protein and fiber. Also, it has more minerals, especially zinc, copper, and manganese. and antioxidants than most grains. Moreover, buckwheat has more protein than rice, wheat, corn, or millet.
Moreover, buckwheat is gluten-free —the source of protein in true grains—and is, therefore, safe for people with a gluten allergy or gastrointestinal problems. Additionally, it may be greatly beneficial for heart health and blood sugar control, especially in people with diabetes.
Ingredients (for 2 servings):
- 120 g (4.2 oz) buckwheat
- 4 tbsp flour (buckwheat or plain)
- 2 large free-range eggs
- Greek Kalamata olive oil
- 1 carrot
- 1 onion
- Salt, a pinch
- Ground black pepper, a pinch
Healthy Buckwheat Cutlets Preparation:
Preparation time: about 20 minutes
- Boil the buckwheat (Pour water double amount) on low heat around 10 min. Let it cool. As well, you can boil the buckwheat in the evening. And then you will be ready to prepare the cutlets very quickly first thing in the morning.
- Heat the Greek Kalamata olive oil (2 tbsp) in a small frying pan on low heat, add chopped onion and grated carrot. Fry for 3-4 minutes. As well, it is possible to add vegetables without frying, but the cutlets taste better with roasted veggies.
- Mix cooled buckwheat with roasted vegetables, eggs and flour. Sprinkle the seasoning: salt and pepper. Also, you can add your favorite spices such as Provence herbs or a pinch of paprika. The mass becomes solid. If it is too loose, add some more flour.
- Using your wet hands, form cutlets.
- Add Greek Kalamata olive oil in a pan, pre-heat it. Fry buckwheat cutlets nicely on both sides around 5-7 minutes.
- Then serve with Greek yogurt or curd sauce.
This healthy buckwheat cutlets recipe is not a traditional dish in Greek cuisine. However, it is very healthy and easy to make. The greatest thing about this dish, you can invent your own fillings. Adding leftover cooked vegetables and serve with Kalamata olives or gherkins. It’s all about your imagination!
Enjoy the healthy buckwheat cutlets dish full of healthy & nutritious ingredients! Don’t forget to share your buckwheat cutlets pictures with us?
Interested in premium quality olive oil? Not a problem, Oliviada suggests the finest Kalamata extra virgin olive oil: